장익환 / 張翼煥
Keywords: Web Experts, Data-driven, Growth-oriented, Team Player
Skilled and business-oriented Software Engineer with more than 5 years of experience specializing in big data product and web development. Looking for a full-time Software/Data/Machine Learning Engineering role to role to join a high-scalable, data-driven organization where strong leadership and collaborative skills will be useful in maximizing development by teamwork.
Frameworks & Libraries: React, NodeJS, Express, Play Framework, Slick, Akka, Spring Boot/MVC, Velocity, MyBatis, Hibernate, Socket.io
Cloud & BigData & Etc: Jupyter Notebook, GCP, Cloud Run, Docker, Kubernetes, Git, Scrum, Jenkins, Gitlab CI, Hadoop, Apache Beam, Spark
M.S. in Software Management, Carnegie Mellon University, Mountain View, CA Aug. 2020 – Aug. 2021
Focusing on NLP, Machine Learning, AI Project Management, Ownership, Leadership, and Entrepreneurship to understand the customer’s side.
- Courseworks: Software Engineering Management, Independent Study (focusing on NLP and Machine Learning), Artificial Intelligence for Product Managers, Architecture Principles for Product Managers, Integrated Innovation for Large-Scale Problems, Software Product Strategy, Business of Software, Foundation of Software Management, Process and Project Management, Product Define and Validate
B.S. in Computer Science and Engineering, Chung-Ang University, Seoul, South Korea Mar. 2012 – Feb. 2015
Focusing on basis of CS, Algorithms, Open API, and Web Development.
- Courseworks: Data Structure, Data Structure Design, Algorithm, Artificial Intelligence, Database Design/Programming, Operating Systems, Object-oriented Programming and Design, Principles of Programming Language, Software Engineering, Design of Computer Programming, Computer Systems and Assembly Language, Mobile App Development, Linux System, C/C++ Programming, Automata and Formal Language, Linear Algebra, Numerical Analysis, Discrete Mathematics, Probability and Statistics, General Physics
Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA
Teaching Assistant, Feb. 2021 – Present
- Working teaching assistant for Distributed Machine Learning course at CMU (18667: Algorithms for Large-scale Distributed ML and Optimization)
Urhyme, San Francisco, CA (B2C, Big Data)
Founder, Chief Technology Officer, Jan. 2016 – Dec. 2018
Founded Urhyme to help bring personal data analytics and visualization to maximize users’ self-discipline and resolutions.
- Developed and led product strategy and design; defined data ETLs, DB scheme, REST API. Responsible for all technical and strategic: PM, UX design, front-end development, testing, CI/CD, microservices, and cloud infrastructure using GCP, Kubernetes, MERN, Play! Framework with Scala.
- Helped pitch to VCs (e.g., PlugAndPlay) and raised over $1m in the capital. Secured 3rd providers’ partnership (e.g., RescueTime) Managed a Scrum team of up to 5 employees, including engineering and marketing.
- Stacks: Docker, GCP (GKE, Cloud SQL, BigQuery, DataFlow, CloudRun), Hadoop, Play! with Scala, React.js, Next.js, Node.js.
Webcash Inc., Seoul, South Korea (B2B, FinTech)
Software Engineer, Aug. 2010 – Mar. 2012
Member of the core web platform team managing financial data, building out the web application, and improving performance and efficiency.
- Built a highly scalable financial service to analyze how the user leverages the financial assets through data visualization using Spring Framework.
- Integrated distributed financial data (credit/debit/stock/ETF) from customers (with 5M+ users per customer) to our internal system.
- Led and improved an existing tuition payment web service and batch with 0.3M+ students decreasing error rate by less than 0.01%.
- Upgraded and developed an existing medicine payment web service and batch with 10K+ users per transaction, improving speed by 20%.
Elancer Co., Ltd. Seoul, South Korea (B2B, e-Commercial)
Software Engineer, Mar. 2009 – Jul. 2010
Part of a small team of operating teams for existing web services. Managed 10+ services simultaneously.
- Built the large-scale (10K+ active users per day) freelancer job marketplace becoming Korea’s 1st largest marketplace. Shaved 20% off page load time by replacing the mingled code and running expensive calls asynchronously, and caching results using Spring Framework.
- Built a common web framework to build the customer’s website, including user management, CMS, and analytics tools.
- 1st Hackaton Winner: Ikwhan Chang, M. Kim, “a social map sharing,” awarded 1st prize with $10K, Naver Inc., 2011. Seoul, Korea
- Co-Author: J. T., Ikwhan Chang, Y. P. “Secure Data Management in Internet-of-Things Based on Blockchain,” accepted for 2020 IEEE International Conference on Consumer Electronics (ICCE); Las Vegas, NV
- HTML5 and Mobile Web for Full-Stack Programmer, ISBN 9788960881327: a reference book of computer science course collaborated with Samsung at Chung-Ang University (Prof. Sungrae Cho)