Hi there, I’m Ikwhan.
Developing web products since 1998
Software Engineer @Google
CMU Alumni, Ex-Startup Founder @Urhyme
For several years, I’m an expert in full-stack web development from the scratch, dealing with ETLs, APIs, Serverless, UX, and product management. I was a founder and CTO of several startups in the Bay Area for developing future-oriented products (Big Data, EduTech, Blockchain) I’m inspired by balancing between cutting-edge and old-school CS theories and algorithms.
Korean to the core, I like to find the hole-in-the-wall gourmet places when traveling around the world with my lovely wife.
- [Sep 25, 2021] I’m happy to announce that I’ll join Google in October as a Software Engineer.
- [Jun. 2021] No longer looking for a job and will update my status soon.
[Jan 31, 2021] I’m actively looking for Software Engineering opportunities beginning in August 2021. Please feel free to send me an e-mail or click the green button on the right bottom side to talk with me!
- [Jan 24, 2021] I’m starting as being TA for Algorithms for Large-scale Distributed Machine Learning and Optimization at Carnegie Mellon University in Spring 2021.
Areas of Interest
- Distributed Big Data and Deep Learning Pipeline
- Cloud Computing/Serverless/Microservice
- Data Mining, Data Visualization
- Deep Learning
- Lean/Full-stack Startups
- DeepFake Detection for the SMS Financial Scam (Jun. 21 ~ Present)
- Urhyme ETL & ML Pipeline (May 2020 ~ Present): An automatic data ETL pipeline getting user’s daily activities using Google Dataflow, Apache Beam, Python, and Jupyter Notebook
- SendCode.to: a web-based code sendbox (like CoderPad)
- Machine Learning (Coursera) Jun. 2021 ~ Present
- Deep Learning Specialization (Coursera) Jun. 2021 ~ Present
- The Complete Fluter Dev. Bootcamp (Udemy) Jun. 2021 ~ Present
- Big Data with MapReduce and Hadoop (Udemy) Jun. 2021 ~ Present
- CS246: Mining Massive Dataset (EDX & Stanford Univ. http://cs246.stanford.edu/ ) Dec. 2020 ~ Present
Past Self Learning
- 10-601: Introduction to Machine Learning (Carnegie Mellon University, http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~mgormley/courses/10601/schedule.html ) Dec. 2020 ~ Jun. 2021 (Audited)
- Applied Machine Learning (Oct. 2020, Columbia University, Certitifcation)
- Google Cloud Platform Big Data and Machine Learning Fundamentals (2017, Coursera, Certification)
- Functional Programming Principles in Scala (2019, Coursera, Certification)